I design clothes because I don’t want women to look all innocent and naïve…I want woman to look stronger…I don’t like women to be taken advantage of…I don’t like men whistling at women in the street. I think they deserve more respect. I like men to keep their distance from women, I like men to be stunned by an entrance. I’ve seen a woman get nearly beaten to death by her husband. I know what misogyny is … I want people to be afraid of the women I dress.Alexander McQueen (via passionnedenoir)
I got dressed this morning. For myself.(via 1112pm)
I put on eye liner. For myself.
I put on my favorite red lipstick. For myself.
I showed a bit of skin. For myself.
I wanted to be beautiful. For myself.
You touched me in places so deep I wanted to ignore you.Adrienne Rich, Usonian Journals (via angryasianfeminist)
When I say “boys are dumb” what I really mean is “boys have been raised in a patriarchal society that forces them into an incorrect and problematic view of masculinity that not only forces them to strip away valuable virtues from themselves, like patience and gentleness, but also forces them them to view and treat women in unhealthy ways that devalues women as people and makes them into objects purely for a man’s benefit”
but it’s a lot faster to say “boys are dumb”
everything you love is here
Autumn seemed to arrive suddenly that year. The morning of the first September was crisp and golden as an apple…JK Rowling, Harry Potter and The Deathly Hallows (via 500-days-of-autumn)
More Reminders- Charlotte Geier (via 17cults)
1. Contrary to popular belief, waking up early isn’t going to drastically alter your life or effect how you’re feeling. So sleep till noon and relish in the way laying in bed all day makes you feel a little more human.
2. Drinking your coffee ‘black’ doesn’t make you cooler or more sophisticated than the rest of us who load in milk and sugar.
3. Being unimpressed by everything makes you look like a twat. Get excited, be overly passionate about something. Enthusiasm is fun.
4. Hating yourself isn’t romantic.
5. Eat whatever you want. your friend’s a vegan? Awesome. Listen to her talk about how great she feels because of it while you tuck in to some chocolate cake. Tell her you feel just as great.